Head of Operations AMEA
+216 52 541 707 | +216 98 564 458 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Operations AMEA
Strategy Execution | Program Management | Team Management |
Translating corporate strategy into operational execution
Driving complex programs according to Quality standards and stakeholders requirements
Optimizing and driving team operational performance as a competitive tool to exceed objectives
Mohamed has extensive experience including teams’ leadership, operational management, budgeting, risk management and business units’ governance. Practiced in building high performing teams, he has the innate passion, drive and determination to support organizations delivering projects and increasing profitability. Hands-on, with a strong action and objective-focused approach, he performs well under pressure and, with cross border communication skills, can effectively manage inter-cultural challenges.
Mohamed worked in multinational leading Telecom/IT companies. Fluent in Arabic, English and French, he has spent over 10 years leading different entities and programs dealing with VAS, IN, Data Charging, VOIP products and efficiently contributed to the business and service development as well as to objectives fulfillment.
· Leadership of day-to-day operations.
· Part of the Directors Board.
· Communicating vision for operational leadership.
· Translating strategy into operational execution.
· Managing suppliers/customers and structuring complex negotiations
Core competencies Include
· Strong Negotiation Skills.
· Experienced at leading and managing high performing teams.
· Lead End to end complex programs with critical challenges.
· Successful experiences in building strong customers network
· Strong Arabic and African cultural knowhow.
· Key Accounting and customer relationship management (CxO/Directors Levels)
Major Career Achievements
(A) Successfully Built and Managed a Regional AMEA Operation Business Unit for Orange.
(B) Lead the Team to deliver 52 projects for 23 Orange AMEA affiliates in 2013 and with respect to the SMQ standard.
(C) Successfully recruited and managed a multi-functional operational team of 30 Technical solution Managers, Quality Managers, Service Managers, Project Managers and Integrators.
(D) Lead negotiations to sign the first Huawei service contracts in Tunisia and Niger and Managed to get Contracts fully respected in term of SLA.
(E) Successfully led different complex projects and programs including green field deployments, Swap, upgrades and contributed in presales phases for different opportunities
(F) Successfully breakthrough the market for Pearlcon in Tunisia, Algeria and Libya with major clients in oil and Gas and Industrial fields (SONATRACH, ANADARKO…)
Sofrecom | AMEA Region
Sofrecom, an Orange subsidiary, has developed over 45 years a unique know-how about operator businesses, making it a world leading specialist in telecommunications consultancy and engineering.
Head of Operations AMEA | Oct 2012 to present:
Mohamed contributed to the establishment of the Orange Regional Operational BU. He actively participated to the Corporate Operations Division deployment from scratch. He also assumed other responsibilities including business planning, budgeting, P&L monitoring, steering comities driving, Bids and Tenders answering.
· Hired and managed a team of some 30 professional Managers and Senior Engineers over the last 2 years in a matrix organizational structure.
· Implementing the required tools to follow up team activities and Projects status
· Actively contributed to the establishment of the Regional Operational Business Unit.
· Major Contributor on the different Entity Processes Definition
· Supported Sofrecom in different Bids in Tunisia, Libya, Senegal and Burkina Faso
Regular business trip to region to meet clients and win business.
Improved Business with Orange different collaborators: HQ, Affiliates, Technical centers, Skill centers.
· Exceeded Objectives over the 2 years in term of Budget respect and Entity Profitability
· Obtained maximum bonus (and related appraisals) for 2 successive years
PEARLCON | North African Region
Pearlcon Business Services is a UK based supply, sourcing & consulting company, with expertise in Sourcing, Procurement, Supply Chain Management and Logistics…
Sales Manager | Jan 2012 to Oct 2012:
Mohamed was responsible on breaking through the North African Market for a company that has important business in Middle East, Europe and Asia but didn’t yet approach the African Market. His revenue responsibilities included marketing and sales of new business opportunities, partners’ management across the region, management reporting, revenue ensuring. Mohamed’s clients have included large Oil & Gas Companies such as BP, Anadarko and Sonatrach, Industrial companies, telecom companies.
· Made the Breakthrough in Algeria, Tunisia and Libya with important accounts such as BP, Anadarko Sonatrach and AlHarouj with total amount exceeding 1.5M£ in 12 months
· Achieved targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth.
· Supported on RFP and Bids answering
· Contributed in developing strategy, sales plans and profit targets for the region.
· Improved the sales by developing relationships with global partners and customers.
· Identified and reported on business opportunities in target markets and helped in product positioning
· Created new markets and maximized new business development opportunities.
· Provided direction to Pearlcon in the region
Ericsson | RMED (Mediterranean Region)
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators.
SI Total Program Manager | Sep 2009 to Dec 2011:
Mohamed was responsible on leading the revenue program and few VAS projects for two different operators. He directed all planning and monitored the activities of the cross-functional team required to meet program goals including completion of program deliverables. He was also responsible on establishing program plans, including projections of required resources (effort, duration, cost, personnel, facilities, and equipment).
· Succeed to meet the launch target for a new Operator when leading the Revenue Management Program.
· Successfully played the CFR (Contract Fulfillment Responsible) role for different pre-sales opportunities: Budgeting, Planning, Contract Negotiation
· Managed Different complex Programs with respect to Ericsson standards
· Managed Multi-cultural resources (part of resources was managed remotely)
· Part of the Projects Core Three
· Rewarded for Add-on Sales (2011)
Huawei | Tunisia – Chad – Niger – Malta (Sub-Region)
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider.
Service Development Manager | Feb 2008 to Aug 2009:
Mohamed signed the first Huawei Service contracts with the historical operator in Tunisia. He led the negotiations phases and was responsible on pricing, SLAs identification and contracts follow-up. Mohamed managed 2 other service managers in Chad and Niger and was responsible on Malta’s service development activities.
· Maintained good relationship with Customer CxO / Directors Levels
· Led the services and projects follow up comities to supervise the well contracts fulfillment
· Succeed in signing 3 different service contracts (Transmission, FIN, LI). Main responsibilities included pricing, SLA Negotiation and Customer management
· Rewarded as the best service sales and performance in the region (2008)
Product Manager / Project Manager | Jan 2005 to Jan 2008:
Mohamed was the Application and service product Manager. Beside his role of promoting Huawei’s A&S products within few African operators (Seminars and workshops presentations, RFQ answering) and managing a team of 4 engineers, he was also responsible on leading the first A&S Huawei project in Tunisia. The project was critical and consisted on Swapping the Ericsson IN to Huawei WIN. Mohamed was representing Huawei in the steering comities with customer. He directed all planning and activities. He was also responsible on leading contract negotiation with Ericsson and following progress status on its side. Mohamed led also other complex projects consisting on new VAS deployments (including full 3G services platforms) and other FIN upgrade project.
Beside his role as Project Manager, Mohamed was also responsible on the Applications & Services entity including 5 Engineers (2 locals and 3 Chinese)
· Led 3G services platform deployment project in Tunisia during the World Summit on the Information Society Event (2005)
· Led different complex projects (new deployments and upgrade)
· Succeed in leading the first Huawei WIN Swap project in the region (Swapping Ericsson IN)
· Represented Huawei in the steering comities and reported to customer’s CxO / Directors levels
· Managed the Application and Services entity
· Was responsible on Promoting Huawei’s products (VAS, IN) within few operators in Africa
· Was responsible on presenting the Huawei services portfolio for customers during the WSIS event (2005)
· Rewarded as the Best Staff (2005)
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Executive Masters of Business Administration (Ex-MBA) | University of Quebec at Montreal | 2012 -2014
Master in Network and Transmission Systems | Polytechnic High school of Tunis | 2005 – 2007
Engineering Diploma in Networks and Telecoms | National Institute of Applied Sciences | 1999 – 2004
Executive MBA at University Of Quebec at Montreal
Master in Engineering (Network and Telecom) at INSAT