Name Raiza Lorena Cortes Hernandez
Date of Birth 04 June 1986
Nationality United States of America
Address Lychener Straße 45
Tel. +49 157 50150700
07/2015 – Present Loopline Systems GmbH, Berlin, Germany
- Successfully manage all phases of product development for a B2B product with a group of highly skilled back-end/front-end developers, UI/UX designers and QA engineers.
- Negotiate with business stakeholders to define features for each release.
- Use agile software methodologies in order to break down and prioritize complex features into manageable tasks. Conduct daily standups, plan and track tasks and project progress using JIRA.
- Manage and maintain the product roadmaps and vision. Work closely with all departments and teams to better define and implement better customer solutions.
- Create processes in order to collect, evaluate and manage customer requests and bugs reports.
- Perform market research, and collect customer needs by conducting user interviews, surveys and focus groups.
- Analyze and track KPIs in order to create simple and intuitive user experiences for desktop and mobile.
- Create wireframes and prototypes using tools like Axure, Sketch, Invisio and Keynote. Test prototypes by conducting A/B tests and user testing.
- Create agile user stories, edge cases, and specifications for new features to be developed by the IT team.
- Communicate the needs and specifications of new features to the IT team and all departments.
- Assist human resources with recruiting and hiring team members. Provide onboarding for new hires.
03/2009-09/2014 The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Maryland, USA
Information Technology (IT) Project Manager (06/2013-09/2014)
- Managed the complete system life cycle from initiation to implementation to include: modernization of a cryptographic system, big data software and text analytics software solutions for various government clients.
- Consulted with stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements. Defined requirements and documented project development plans.
- Conducted budget analyses and project timelines.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, measuring and managing project risk. Tracked and resolved project issues.
- Negotiated and created staffing plans. Provided tasking and managed two teams of technical staff and engineers.
- Supervised technical teams’ work on project design, testing and implementation.
- Managed all stages of IT projects ensuring customer deadlines were met.
- Analyzed, prepared and documented operational procedures and technical guidelines.
- Gave product presentations and demonstrations to customers and C level managers to report progress, problems, risks and deliverable status.
Systems Engineer (10/2012-09/2014)
- Managed the requirement analysis process of an anthropomorphic test device (ATD).
- Analyzed and ensured quality of technical and programmatic requirements.
- Maintained a system requirements database using IBM Rational DOORS.
- Previously responsible for the risk management process of an information system. Created a risk strategy to collect and identify technical risks, provide risk assessment and monitoring.
- Delivered system risk analysis status and technical documentation to customers and senior management. Maintained and updated a risk database.
Principal Investigator for Independent Research & Development Studies (IR&D) (10/2010-09/2014)
- Developed research proposals and presented them to the IR&D panel. Received funding for multiple IR&D research studies in the areas of cryptography, data compression solutions, Big Data analytics and text analytics.
- Responsible for managing research grants and ensuring success of the project.
- Executed project proposal, project plans, created financial plans, found resources and reported project progress to the IR&D panel.
Information Technology Engineer Team Lead (03/2009-06/2013)
- Started as a member of an IT engineering team and later became the IT team lead that implemented a cryptographic system for a government client.
- Evaluated technical requirements and identified essential software and hardware components.
- Created detailed trade-off studies and system risk assessments and documented results.
- Managed the procurement and acquisition of system commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) components.
- Integrated software and hardware components in order to built a prototype system; conducted integration testing.
- Identified security vulnerabilities and applied security policies to both Windows OS and Linux OS prototype systems.
- Created detailed test plans and conducted in-house testing and proof of concept (end-to-end) testing at government facilities.
- Assembled systems for deployment and supported field installation and acceptance testing. Coordinated system deployment at sites across the US.
- Identified and established training requirements and provided user training. Created a system operations manual.
- Planned for system’s maintenance and logistics support for the planned lifecycle. Created a system-integrated logistics support plan.
- Implemented maintenance and problem resolution procedures and monitored customer satisfaction and maintenance support. Tracked and provided monthly system status.
- Gave client presentations on system development status and presented to the organization’s director and the executive management team, as well as to the entire department (500 employees).
- Provided guidance, training and technical documentation to network engineers and Windows administrators in order to transition the system from the engineering division to the operations/administrative support division.
- Won the Innovation Award of the Year (2009) for implementing an innovative system solution that solved a highly visible customer problem.
05/2008 – 08/2008 National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST), Maryland, USA
Intern at the NIST Center for Neutron Research Laboratory
- Worked on a software development project for the Distributed Data Analysis for Neutron Scattering Experiments (DANSE).
- Designed and developed a software prototype in Python that helped to understand the deformation of proteins as they pass through a separation medium.
06/2007 – 08/2007 Universidad de Puerto Rico, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, USA
- Member of a small research team that implemented a non-commutative cryptosystem and conducted cryptanalysis.
- Presented study results at the San Diego American Mathematical Society (AMS) Convention.
04/2015 – Present Master of Business Administration (Online MBA)
University of Bradford, Bradford, UK
08/2009 – 12/2012 Master of Science, Systems Engineering
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
08/2004 – 12/2008 Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Universidad de Puerto Rico, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, USA
- Spanish – Native language
- English – Fluent
- German – Basic
- C++, C, C#
- MS Office Products
- Requirement analysis
- Basic HTML, CSS
- MS Visio, MS Project
- MS SharePoint
- Wire-framing & Prototyping
- IBM Rational DOORS
- User Experience (UX)
- Windows, Mac & Linux OS
- JIRA Admin, Confluence
- Technical writing
- Data analysis