This is the opportunity to work permanently for my Established and prestigious international company at the offices in Dusseldorf Germany. They are a new and growing company with great online presence.
Due to company’s rapid growth our site traffic is now reaching around 3 billion requests per month. For this reason we are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our dynamic Software Engineering department and ensure a reliable, fault-tolerant production environment. We want all our users to experience company at its best, and you are the person who will make this happen. If you are a master of PHP, eager for a new challenge and looking for the freedom to experiment with new technologies then we look forward to hearing from you!
• Monitor applications in production (Price Search, Community, Hotel Manager etc.) and solve any issues or complications that arise, especially during peak traffic hours.
• Build a fault-tolerant and scalable environment to support our rapidly growing business.
• Continuously drive company’s technological infrastructure forward by researching solutions for new projects, pitching pioneering concepts and building prototypes.
• It is vital that our tools develop as fast as our business. We want you to design and build customised cutting edge applications but how you do this is up to you. Feel free to think outside the box for this one.
• Collaborate with stakeholders and ensure maximum productivity by guaranteeing a reliable production environment.
• As an expert in dealing with rare behaviours in production, there is very little you haven’t seen or experienced before. We want you to share your tips and tricks with the team and document your tests, solutions, concepts and approaches for future reference.
• You speak English (our company language) fluently, but PHP is your mother tongue language.
• You have a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field.
• You have worked for 2-3 years as a Site Reliability Engineer in a high scale environment. During this time you have worked with Open Source technologies.
• You have experience in scripting with Bash & Python and are confident working with algorithms and data structures.
• You are a master at developing, debugging and troubleshooting large-scale web infrastructure in C, C++ or Go.
• You are an analytical mastermind who can be trusted to keep attention to detail.
• You are an intrinsically motivated individual who gets a kick out of finding the root cause of malfunctions.
What they offer:
• A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team.
• Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company.
• A free choice of PC or Mac and equipment.
• External trainings by key influencers of the IT scene.
• Regular code workshops, conference visits, hackathons and time for innovation.
• Flat hierarchies and short decision paths.
• Relocation and on boarding support.
• Possibility to work from our office in Palma de Mallorca up to 4 weeks a year.
• Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day.
Please call for more details or send CV to be considered email@example.com +44 203 004 9596
My client is willing to sponsor work permits for non EU citizens