One of our growing Online clients that currently employ around 150 people are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team. They are looking for someone with strong backend skills with “knowledge of” Ruby on rails, please see below for more details:
- We perform like entrepreneurs – we start with yes, we act like owners, and we trust you to know the how.
- Explore & overcome – we always want to understand the why and we never quit.
- Always reimagining towards tomorrow – change is constant and failure an opportunity to learn.
- One Tribe – together we can achieve more than we can on our own. Our people are our most important asset and we support you to get the best out of yourself.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our IT team and help us build functional software and web-based applications. If you’re interested in both getting your hands dirty with writing code from scratch and reviewing other people’s work, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will contribute in all phases of the software development life cycle, from design to deployment.
- Write effective and scalable code
- Build back-end components for web applications
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness, and security
- Review and debug junior developers’ code
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions
- Build, install and share gems and plugins
- Create automated test scripts
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
- 5 years work experience as a Back-End or FullStack Developer of which 2 years have been at the senior-level.
- A solid understanding of programming languages. Ideally you have knowledge of the Ruby-On-Rails framework and have also worked with other programming languages or are willing to learn and fully embrace these languages.
- Experience in designing scalable architecture to support a data-intensive application.
- Expertise on technologies and methodologies from the above stack
- Experience in designing a microservices based architecture and preparing its deployment stack
- Experience in setting up and deploying applications to cloud providers Understand and use data structures and OOP concepts
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming
- Hands-on experience writing command-line apps using Ruby libraries
- Experience with Rails
- Understanding of agile software development
- Familiarity with automated testing platforms
- Problem-solving skills
- Team spirit
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
Main skills areas*** :
· Strong software development experience. If someone has worked with Ruby for part of their experience but also with other languages such as Java etc this is not a problem. Candidates can have 2/3 years of exp in Ruby but can be some time ago.
· Amazing communication skills. Key words here are humble, customer-focused, stakeholder management, loyal, ambitious.
- Paid Time Off – 30 Vacation Days
- Personal Training & Development
- Responsibility and trust from day 1
- Individual coaching and further training to support you in your development
- A free BVG ticket
- Employee discounts at numerous companies (e.g. at the gym or in online stores)
- A Culture of equity and Inclusion where you are appreciated for the person you are