One of our growing REMOTELY only clients with offices based in Paris are looking for a Senior Software Engineer on the API team, you will have a large impact in shaping the product and the opportunity to work alongside our highly skilled team to design, build, and iterate on a world-class software web application.
You are expected to contribute to the API part of the backend which is currently public on GitHub, and the corresponding OpenAPI specification is open source. We deploy the API in Google Kubernetes Engine.
We are engineers building a product for engineers and doing so with a sense of pride and ownership. You will be a part of a collaborative environment where you will work closely together with product and engineering to understand user needs, and discuss new ideas to solve complex problems.
Skills & Experience
- Full professional proficiency in English, written and spoken. The ability to communicate comes first, no matter the level of technical skills.
- Strong experience with writing high performant, asynchronous, type hinted Python3 code.
- Strong experience with writing high performant queries in PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of pandas and numpy.
- Strong experience with Linux.
- Experience with scalable backend design: load balancing, fault tolerance, etc.
- Experience with OpenAPI.
- Experience with pytest or alternative.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Strong knowledge of Git tools and concepts.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical & statistical concepts.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform or similar.
- Experience with aiohttp or similar; SQLAlchemy.
- Experience with writing Cython code.
- Knowledge of C/C++ or Rust.
- Experience with Go.
- Experience with columnar DBs like Clickhouse, Druid.
- Experience with Redis, memcached, or similar.
- Experience with event-driven backend architectures.
- Experience with GitHub Actions, Circle CI, and Jenkins.
- Experiments with Machine Learning and/or Data Science.
- Mathematical background.
- Having worked remotely.
- Having worked in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Having worked on a SaaS product.
- Having used modern collaboration tooling (Jira, GitHub, Slack, Zoom, etc.).
- Responsible and professional.
- Independent, goal-oriented, proactive attitude.
- Disciplined and communicative in remote environments.
- Collaborative and with a strong team spirit.
- Curious and interested in learning new things.