One of our Amazing FinTech clients based in London are looking for a React Developer for the below position. They are currently gorwing the team due to new investment and have some interesting projects. This role is 100% remote for UK based candidates.
Please see below for more details:
This is an engineering role, providing the exposure to the niche technologies with microservices, blockchain and cloud. We’re looking for candidates that thrive in a challenging environment and believe in constantly raising the bar for customers to realise the power of our Platform.
You have a growth mindset and constantly seek to understand blind spots and challenges – whether it’s a customer’s unique need or interacting with new technologies.
You feel comfortable tackling issues and enjoy designing and developing highly scalable systems and state-of-the-art features with highly maintainable code. You are energized by solving challenges across a diverse range of technologies from ReactJS, ES2016, Redux, Typescript for cross-platform development and integration to RESTful web services.
Remote working supported. Occasional/infrequent travel to London may be required.
What you’ll do
Reporting directly to the Software Engineering Manager you will:
- Develop engineering products and highly scalable cloud services
- Have software engineering expertise with technical expertise to write elegant, readable and high performant code
- Work with UX designers, to provide feedback and develop intuitive UI for end customers
- Work with stakeholders in defining, planning, estimating and ultimately delivering features that deliver meaningful results and business impact
- Have own ambitions for developing high quality code and features and maintaining cloud services with resiliency and scale
- Take ownership for feature development and provide feedback and improvements to development process
- Promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products
- Navigate through our codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems
- Document customer design and onboarding, product usage experience and challenges for sharing with all the company
- Take initiative in discovering and implementing various improvements on product, tech and customer experience related to the Platform
What you’ll bring
You must have prior experience working cross geographical development teams, building niche products and have a passion for start-ups and be flexible and confident in dealing with staff at all levels across all departments.
- More than 5 years of software development experience
- Good exposure and practical experience for developing scaled web applications
- Work on UI frameworks and abstractions that help define a reliable, reusable and performant web platform
- Influence and impact a best-in-class customer experience in your group and contribute to overall customer experience in your area
- Drive a culture of lean and agile software development
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, and container platforms
- Expertise in SaaS/Fintech is a major advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to go deep and ready to challenge the norms
- Not afraid of experimentation and drive with an ownership for overall product, platform and code quality
- Have an efficient and simplistic approach to your work
- Act with utmost integrity and be execution driven
- Use lateral thinking along with your own unique perspective
- Excellent English language skills
- A positive hands-on and “yes, we can” approach
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Technologies we use
React.js, Node.js, Blockchain (Hyperledger Fabric), Ruby on Rails, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices, Express, PostgreSQL, CouchDB, AWS, IBM Cloud, Atlassian Suite (Jira & Confluence)
Why work for us
- As a young, progressive and fast-growing company, we can offer various benefits you wouldn’t necessarily get from a more traditional financial firm:
- All our roles are home-based with full remote support, but we have a central-London office for when you need face-to-face meetings, or to collaborate with team members
- We offer fully flexible working hours and unlimited holidays
- We take your development very seriously, and you’ll receive a personal training budget to hone your existing skills and learn new ones
- Our flat structure means your voice will always be heard and you will have the freedom to drive change, to build something worth building and, most importantly, to be you
- You’ll be working with a team of bright, innovative minds, who are passionate about what they do and developing even better solutions for customers
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holidays
- Flexible & remote working
- Share options
- Company pension
- Health and dental insurance
- LinkedIn Learning
Please call for details or send CV today for consideration !