We are partnering with an exciting FinTech that offers a range of digital transformation solutions to banks, private equity firms and corporates.
They build next-generation business process automation and data analytics solutions for a variety of applications including workflow, AI, machine learning and robotic process automation software.
**For clarification this role is 70% backend, 30% frontend, and the frontend is working with 70% legacy (non framework) technologies, and 30% VueJS. They currently have a global team of Senior level FullStack Developers and are looking to add to the current team.
We are looking for candidates who are as comfortable writing high-performance REST APIs, and handling complex data entities and rules, as they are building front-end assets, styling UI elements and debugging Internet Explorer issues.
✔️ Writing performant and secure backend API services
✔️ Understanding and managing server load and service health
✔️ Building UI pages according to a design spec, and with a good understanding of common UX principles
✔️ Being able to setup and work with various development environments and OS/browser configurations for UI testing and development
✔️ Writing client-side application code to interact with backend services, and interact with browser DOM and UI elements
✔️ Building custom UI components, as well as making best use of framework components
✔️ Writing unit and integration tests for both backend and front-end code
✔️ Working collaboratively within a GitHub branch workflow, merging code and resolving conflicts
✔️ Writing both internal and client-facing documentation
- You should be a hard-working, meticulous individual who pays attention to detail. You should have solid technical ability, demonstrated commercially.
- You should be a clear communicator, a good listener, able to discuss technical concerns professionally with clients, and
non-technical team members.
- You will be expected to follow specifications and instructions closely, and document your work where required.
- You will have worked commercially at least once with a distributed microservice architecture, giving you hands-on experience in; horizontal scaling, database connection management, impact under burst loads, and an understanding of the importance of the Single Responsibility Principle (SRP).
- Above all – you should be commercially-minded and delivery-focused. While being a technical purist is admirable, this should be balanced out with a “can-do, will-do” attitude.
Tech Stack includes:
- Backend: Node, Express, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, PassportJS, REST API Knowledge, ORM or database adaptors (Sequelize, Node-Postgres, Node-MongoDB)
- Frontend: Responsive CSS framework (Preferably Bootstrap), Vue.js HTML5, CSS, SASS, jQuery, Grunt, Karma, Mocha, Chai, Selenium
- Workflow: Git, Github, OAuth2, JWT
- Administration: Postman, Jira, Confluence, SSH, Linux (CentOS), Commands
This is a Permanent position with an annual salary, where the successful canidate is able to work 100% remotely but must be within 2 hours difference of UK GMT time zone
You must sign in to apply for this position.