VSS are partnering with an exciting start-up that are on a mission to help companies launch financial products, as an API-first bank. This incredibly smart concept allows companies of all sizes to connect with banking infrastructures.
The Engineering Team
Rather than “move fast and break things”, they aim to move thoughtfully and to make few mistakes. They are an output-driven environment that operates with extreme autonomy; people are free to keep their own hours and they don’t micro-manage each other.
- Building out the component architecture of our SPA
- Integrating and extending our backend APIs
- Helping build and grow our design system
- Writing accessible, semantic and performant frontend code
- Developing and extending our test suite
- Working in tandem with designers
- Strong JS experience in React or Vue and experience with browser quirks
- Experience in cross-functional product development teams, shipping consumer-facing features
- Proven contributions to internal design systems
- An appreciation for the importance of good documentation – internal and external
- Solid understanding of semantic and accessible HTML and CSS
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability and security
- Experience with one or more of the technologies within the frontend stack (CLJS, Reframe, Reagent, Styled Components & Styled System).
They are an early stage startup and they’re working hard to expand the benefits package. They’re planning to add to this list in the future:
- 25 days off a year + bank holidays
- Flexible, remote-friendly working – including supporting home office setup
- Tax-advantaged stock options under HMRC’s Company Share Option Plan (CSOP)
- Auto-enrolment into company pension scheme
- A Pleo card for covering work expenses
- Private medical insurance and life insurance (provided by AXA and AIG respectively)
- A weekly team lunch on the company (even when you’re working remotely)