VSS are partnering with an exciting FinTech that offers a range of digital transformation solutions to banks, private equity firms and corporates. This is a Fulltime remote permanent position.
They are on a mission to push the boundaries of automation for legal and financial applications by combining our deep domain knowledge in these sectors with state-of-the-art technology and cost-effective managed services.
They build next-generation business process automation and data analytics solutions for a variety of applications including workflow, AI, machine learning and robotic process automation software.
The technical team are looking for a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) to manage their database estate based on PostgreSQL and MongoDB. The candidate is expected to work full-time during UK business hours but also to provide out of hours support including weekends. The role will be reporting to both the CIO and CTO, and work streams will be prioritised and managed by the Infrastructure Project Manager.
- Responsible for setup, configuration and maintenance of all databases.
- Design and implement security standards and industry best practices for database management and governance.
- Define standard practices and procedures for operational support, writing and updating documentation.
- Ensure systems are running at the highest possible performance level as well as analysing and tuning queries.
- Analyse database changes requested by the development teams and assess the changes for both impact and risk, as well as adherence
- to naming and design standards.
- Managing data conversion and migrations tasks.
- Designing and implementing effective DR plans; backup schedules, recovery tests and data restoration procedures.
- Participate in technical audits, DR/BCP activities and security testing.
- Maintain, document and govern access to production databases.
- Describe and document; systems, architecture, database policies and procedures.
- Desire to learn about the data and its usage to make recommendations for improvements in how it is stored and processed.
- Build and maintain highly available systems to ensure maximum up time. This includes running database services within Docker
- containers, and management and monitoring solutions.
- Automation of common operational procedures related to databases.
- Liaising with our hosting providers system administration team.
You will be expected to have proven commercial experience in setup, administration and technical governance of databases at an Enterprise level. You should be able to optimise database architecture for performance and scalability. You will have commercial experience handling the intricacies of PostgreSQL replication, MongoDB clustering and other aspects of provisioning highly-available, performant and scalable database services.
You will also have experience helping developers optimise queries and designing performant and scalable database architecture. You should be a security-focused, meticulous individual who pays attention to detail. You should have solid technical ability, demonstrated commercially. You will be working remotely, and expected to be available at all agreed times, via phone, email, and slack. You should be able to work carefully under pressure and expected to take full ownership of your work, and of our data.
- Enterprise-scale commercial experience working on:
- replicated PostgreSQL deployments
- MongoDB clusters
- Working knowledge of Linux-based database environments including bash and SQL scripting.
- Working knowledge of database backup/restore, fail-safe database setup and operations.
- High motivation and willingness to take ownership.
- The ability to work independently.
- Experience of working with highly available, scalable environments.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative with strong communications skills, and comfortable liaising with the business to understand user needs.
- Optional Requirements (Nice-to-have)
- Experience with any “big” data systems.
- Experience with public cloud storage systems (such as AWS or Azure).
- Experience with any higher level programming language (to facilitate automation of tasks).
- BS/MS degree.
Please follow and like us: