One of our established and growing clients based in Berlin are looking for a Senior Java Developer for an international English speaking team, please see below for more details:
Our companys system landscape consists of two larger platforms which produce a constant stream of messages for processing in our data and analysis environment. This data is integrated, processed, and made available to a variety of data-driven teams, such as Business Intelligence, Product Analysis, Marketing, Customer Service, etc. in an adequate manner.
As a Senior JAVA Developer within the Big Data Team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining our Big Data infrastructure, understanding and fulfilling the needs of both business and technical teams for data, as well as serving as an interface between these teams.
- Real-time and batch data processing and aggregation
- Automation and job scheduling
- Build, maintain, and optimize the current Big Data infrastructure (GCP and Hadoop)
- Design and extension of data models
- Database performance analysis, tuning, and monitoring
- Effectively drive cross-team solutions
- Participate in architectural decisions, concept creation, code reviews, and pair-programming
What we expect
- Completed university degree in the field of IT, Technical Informatics, Computer Science, or similar, ideally with a major in software development
- At least five years’ experience of intensive coding in one or more high-level languages (design and programming)
- Profound knowledge of current Java technologies, especially general knowledge of Java8+
- Working experience in the design and development of databases, as well as experience with Cloud environments (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of noSQL as well as SQL databases and technologies including BigQuery, Hive, BigTable/HBase, Hadoop, PostgreSQL
- Master build tools (such as Gradle/Maven), delivery pipelines (CI/CD), and an IDE (e.g. IntellJ/Eclipse)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, software design principles, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Ability to work quickly and independently with new technologies as well as to determine the right abstraction level of a software solution
What would be nice to have
- Experience with the usage of Apache Beam and Kafka as well as with Spark or Flink
- Knowledge of test-driven development (TDD), and Docker/Kubernetes
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work well in a team environment with an Agile mindset
- Proficiency in German
What we offer
- Demanding tasks and new challenges
- One of the best working spaces in Berlin: our office in Mitte! Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, game events, sports courses, a sunny rooftop terrace, and much more!
- Exciting possibilities for your personal development
- A great, performance oriented, friendly, and international team is looking forward to meeting you
- Relocation support (with company apartment, relocation agency, visa handling, etc.)
- During Covid-19, team members are free to choose to work in the office or from home
- Flexible working hours
- Timeframe: Immediately, full time
Please call for details or send CV today for consideration!
You must sign in to apply for this position.