You’ll be required to use in-depth insight and expert knowledge to develop and test well-structured and maintainable code; adhering to the team’s current workflow and best practices to deliver projects on time, on budget and to agreed specifications.
In this role you will:
· Develop well structured, maintainable code and thoroughly test your own work
· Quote and estimate projects, giving timescales and highlighting risks
· Work closely with UI Development, project management and account managers to provide technical expertise’s for new and existing projects
· Being working with a mixture of traditional and API first development projects
· Lead and develop the back-end development best practice and standards
· Have the opportunity to kick-off and complete greenfield project as well as maintain existing websites and web apps
Hit apply if you:
· Experience working with ether Monolithic or Headless CMS’s like Concrete5, WordPress, Sanity or Kentico Kontent
· Are comfortable with DevOps, Systems administrations and AWS
· Commercial experience of API development
· Commercial experience of writing and integrating with Microservices
· Have a hunger to seek out new technologies, industry trends, and best practices — and enjoy sharing that knowledge with others.
· Have no problems in solving problems, offer alternative options/compromises and can present new ideas to the wider team.
· Display a deep appreciation and understanding for best development practices and ensure all team members follow these guidelines.
It would also be good, but not essential that you:
· Server management, server provisioning automation
· Continuous integration and deployment
· Experience in Cloud development
· 5+ years of web development experience.
· Experience with Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter or similar MVC frameworks.
· Experience developing RESTFul APIs
We are looking for someone that is comfortable owning/creating the Backend process and tech as well as assisting with DevOps. There is a greenfield project to be started which will be mainly API and microservice-based, as well as talking on client work.
This is a REMOTE position where you would be expected onsite from time to time for meetings etc from their London or Milton Keynes offices