We are currently working with a prestigious Berlin based company that have received monumental investment and are planning to grow by x10 within the next 3 years. They have an international platform and currently employ 170 people with 20+ people in the Development team.
They are looking to hire some Senior Backend Developers (with skills in PHP and preferably Symfony 4) to join the current English speaking team due to recent investment and growth of the platform. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in working within a startup environment where they can have an impact!
Please see below for more details:
You will achieve this by:
- The development of our software product based on PHP, Symfony4.
- You will work together with product managers, designers, and frontend engineers to solve a common goal.
- You actively participate in agile approaches and processes.
- Own your work from concept all the way to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- You do not just deliver business features, but can also tackle purely technical tasks and clean up existing code.
- Ongoing identification and improvement of performance problems and continuous optimization of our platform.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to usability, and emerging technologies.
Required skills and experience:
- You have professional experience with PHP.
- You are comfortable with scalable web applications and frameworks (Symfony)
- Experience working in an agile team using SCRUM, Kanban or similar methodologies.
- Fluent English skills
- You know how to rebase, merge, and fork in Git.
- You are passionate about code quality. Writing tests and documentation belong to your natural workflow.
- A history of active contributions to open source projects is a plus.
You add to our culture with:
- You have a positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- You embody DevOps culture.
- You have a quality and scalability driven mindset.
We are proud of:
- Our approachable leaders and transparent communication
- Our company events and colleagues who are always happy to socialise.
- Our great team spirit and passion for languages.
- Our well-structured and exciting onboarding process.
- The possibility to work remotely from your home or…… in the office located in the heart of Berlin.
- Unlimited access to free classes.
- The flexible working hours.
This position is a permanent position (B2B/freelance for people outside of Germany) 100% remote working within an English speaking environment with plenty of opportunities for growth.
Please call for details or feel free to send through an updated CV to Talent@versatilestaffing.co.uk