For one of our estabslihed Berlin based clients we are looking for the following:
This client distinguishes itself from other Microsoft Office add-ins by having an intuitive user interface, smart algorithms that automate many tasks and, not least, a deep integration into its Office host application. To achieve this deep integration, we use the public APIs offered by Office and Windows whenever we can, but unfortunately, they do not let us do everything we want to do. So we add our own customization hooks into the Office and Windows binaries. When our addon loads, it finds the code locations and installs its
Instead of using fixed addresses, we find code locations using machine code patterns to be robust against
minor changes. If an update to Office or Windows still breaks some of the patterns, we will automatically download and install any available version with updated patterns.
Finding ways to achieve a desired customization is a truly zen-like activity. It requires deep analytical skills, the ability to juggle vast amounts of information in the head and quickly separate promising from less
Do you have experience with binary code analysis? Using tools like IDA is your second nature? Do you enjoy analyzing malware or finding security vulnerabilities? Then analyzing a large application like Office will give you a whole new set of challenges!
You need to understand data structures and algorithms involving dozens of functions all from nothing but binary. Do you belong to the few people in the world who have these skills? Then we are looking for you.
• •Working experience: binary code and malware analysis, IDA, security vulnerabilities, understand
data structures and algorithms involving dozens of functions all from nothing but binary
Here is what we offer in a nutshell:
- A wide array of extremely challenging tasks
- An international team of brilliant minds
- A working environment that makes this team stay and grow
- Enough time to make sure that every detail of your solution is perfect
- A flat organization and plenty of room for your ideas
- No scheduled meetings
- Family-friendly working hours, no deadlines, no overtime
- Support for relocation
Location: Berlin, Germany
• Position: full-time, no remote or freelancer work
• Salary: 75 000-120 000 € gross per year, after the 1st year – 120 000 € guaranteed
• Team size: 20 developers reporting directly to CTO (2 people in reverse engineering stream)
3 hour reverse engineering test followed by a technical interview with CTO and a team member, followed by another interview with CEO. 2nd and 3rd steps are subject to change depending on the overall performance of candidates
You must sign in to apply for this position.