We are currently recruiting for a Python Backend Engineer for one of our global clients with offices in London, looking for someone to be onsite 2-3 days per week.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and resourceful Senior Backend Software Engineer who is passionate about building great products while
supporting & guiding a team of junior to mid-level backend engineers.
Now is the time more than ever to revolutionise the energy industry to ensure its stability, affordability, and sustainability. If you aspire to create new and amazing products that will change the way we use and think about energy, please join us! We would love to work with you!
A dynamic team at the leading edge of technology, building and maintaining full-stack solutions across multiple business areas. On the server-side we mainly use Python, giving us access to a wide variety of libraries such as the Django framework. We standby a server-less first approach and thus take advantage of the multitude of services from AWS such as Lambda, DynamoDB, AppSync, and many more to complete our tech stack. We are proud of our tech stack and with the help and guidance of all our software engineers, we want to keep it that way by always being open to new innovative ideas.
Our solutions are hosted in AWS and are deployed through fully integrated CI/CD pipelines in GitLab Cloud, keeping our cycle times short and enabling us to fulfil our agile principles
- You’ll play a crucial role in the backend engineering team, helping to build full-stack cloud apps.
- You will play an important role in guiding a team of junior to mid-level backend engineers.
- You’ll be using AWS Cloud services with Python and its frameworks such as Django on the backend.
Challenge the conventional way by using a serverless first approach
- Plan, build, test, and release new features and experiments.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming and code reviews.
- Help solve the challenges that come with large-scale systems and lots of data.
- Work in an agile team with other backend engineers and product designers.
- Help shape our tech stack to be future-proof and state-of-the-art.
- Work closely together with our Product, Data, Front-end, Platform, and security teams
- Solid experience as Python Developer
- Experience with Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Bottle)
- Experience building efficient server-side applications hosted in AWS
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQl
- Understanding databases and SQL
- Experience with Serverless Computing such as Lambda and API Gateway
- Experience using version control tools e.g. git
- Good understanding of development best practices such as pair programming, TDD.
- Excellent software design, problem-solving skills, and debugging skills.
- The desire and enthusiasm to make constant improvements to code and coach other developers.
- Writing robust and fault-tolerant software
- Attention to detail
Plus, experience in the following would be a bonus:
- Knowledge of Terraform, Packer and Consul
- Celery and async processing
- Using testing frameworks such as e.g. PyTest, Jest.
- Excellent software design, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
Benefits & Compensation
- We’ll have regular team socials and a corporate Deliveroo account for when the need arises
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays – this includes a guarantee of for your birthday off if you want it
- A generous pension scheme
- The chance to choose from our Flexible Benefits range
- Location: London with travel to our other sites when required
- Working environment: Flexible hybrid working – expected in the office 2-3 days a week
For all successful candidates. Due to the nature of this role your employment will be subject to a basic DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check being carried out by ourselves via a 3rd party service provider