Profile 1 – Engineer in the area of Cloud and Azure Networking:
- Good knowledge of the IP protocol, routing concept, firewalling and DNS
- Capacity to configure network and security related resources in Azure (e.g. VNet, Subnets, Routes, Network Security Group, Application Security Group, Firewalls…)
- Good understanding of the distributed firewall concept and its implications.
- Capacity to analyze and troubleshooting connectivity and performance problems in a software defined environment
- Experience in implementing changes and providing support in a network hybrid environment (software defined network and hardware based network)
- Good communication skills on technical and on technical subjects.
Profile 2 – Administration of our Network Node Manager Infrastructure:
- Network Node Manager (NNMi) is the main monitoring tool of the company’s network infrastructure. It monitors 800+ network components (so called “nodes”) to retrieve status and performance indicators. NNMi is mainly used by the operators on the bridge (24/7) to receive alerts upon incident.
- The purpose of the job is to Administrate the NNMi platform. This is a cluster of 2 NNMi servers and 1 additional server dedicated to performance monitoring.
The main tasks are:
- Ensure the availability of the application 24/7 to the operators.
- Maintain the topology of the network and the list of nodes monitored so that they always reflect the real state of the network.
- Update the configuration of incidents (manage MIB files, traps, custom polling, correlation…) so that alarms displayed to the operators are accurate and leasable (no flooding)
- Proactively follow up the changes implemented by the network team and update the monitoring accordingly
- Follow up upgrades and patches released by the vendor and implement them regularly.
- Upon issue within NNMi, contact the vendor’s support (MicroFocus) and implement the appropriate fix or workaround.
- Provide 1st level support and knowledge transfer to the operators and the network team upon request.
The profile is a Network Engineer with several years of experience with the NNMi product. Ideally in a cluster environment. The knowledge of the application option “NNMi ISPI for metrics” is valuable. A good knowledge of SNMP is mandatory
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Start date: ASAP
End date: 31/12/2020 (+ possible extension)
Rate: 420€/day (all-inclusive) maybe negotiable
Languages: English speaking MANDATORY
You must sign in to apply for this position.