One of our global clients with newly opened offices in Dubai are looking for a inhouse Legal Counsel to work alongside Group Head of Legal, please see below for more details:
- Providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to the company and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business sector and their services.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements.
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company.
- Communicating with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors.
- Designing and delivering legal training to the business.
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect your business and specific industry.
- Liaising with senior members of staff.
Required experience/Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in law.
- Qualification in a Sub Saharan Africa jurisdiction or Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- 3-4 years’ experience working in a law firm or an in-house legal team.
- Experience in intellectual property, technology, or media law.
- Experience advising clients across several jurisdictions in all aspects of commercial engagement and product development, including privacy, technology, Intellectual Property, and consumer protection matters.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams while demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Ability to speak and write in English, fluently and idiomatically.
- Interest in technology, relevant legal challenges, and recent developments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Please send your CV today for consideration and to arrange a call to discuss the position in more depth with one of our consultants
Please follow and like us: