We are partnering with a technology and managed services provider for the financial services and legal industries. They build next-generation business process automation and data analytics solutions for a variety of applications including workflow, AI, machine learning and robotic process automation software.
We are looking for candidates who are as comfortable writing high-performance REST APIs, and handling complex data entities and rules, as
they are building front-end assets, styling UI elements and debugging Internet Explorer issues.
✔️ Writing performant and secure backend API services
✔️ Understanding and managing server load and service health
✔️ Building UI pages according to a design spec, and with a good understanding of common UX principles
✔️ Being able to setup and work with various development environments and OS/browser configurations for UI testing and development
✔️ Writing client-side application code to interact with backend services, and interact with browser DOM and UI elements
✔️ Building custom UI components, as well as making best use of framework components
✔️ Writing unit and integration tests for both backend and front-end code
✔️ Working collaboratively within a GitHub branch workflow, merging code and resolving conflicts
✔️ Writing both internal and client-facing documentation
The term “senior” to us, means:
✔️ Having solid, proven, commercial experience in all aspects of web application delivery
✔️ Being able to understand and discuss technical and business requirements
✔️ Taking ownership of their work – not leaving responsibility to “someone else”
✔️ Being able to effectively communicate with stakeholders, developers, system administrators, and clients alike
✔️ Having a “do whatever it takes” attitude towards problem-solving and also to project delivery
✔️ Understand the wider impact of their work on the team, project timeline, and broader business goals
✔️ Understanding the importance of web security, and how to implement it in all levels of a web application
✔️ Having enough knowledge of data stores to be able to optimise slow-running queries, and apply proper indexing strategies
- You should be a hard-working, meticulous individual who pays attention to detail. You should have solid technical ability, demonstrated commercially. You should be a clear communicator, a good listener, able to discuss technical concerns professionally with clients, and non-technical team members. You will be expected to follow specifications and instructions closely, and document your work where required.
- You should be able to work carefully under pressure, adhere to timelines, and as a senior technician you will be expected to take full ownership of your work.
- You will have worked commercially at least once with a distributed microservice architecture, giving you hands-on experience in; horizontal scaling, database connection management, impact under burst loads, and an understanding of the importance of the Single Responsibility Principle (SRP).
- Above all – you should be commercially-minded and delivery-focused. While being a technical purist is admirable, this should be balanced out with a “can-do, will-do” attitude.
Tech Stack includes:
- Backend: Node, Express, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, PassportJS, REST API Knowledge, ORM or database adaptors (Sequelize, Node-Postgres, Node-MongoDB)
- Frontend: Responsive CSS framework (Preferably Bootstrap), HTML5, CSS, SASS, jQuery, Grunt, Karma, Mocha, Chai, Selenium
- Workflow: Git, Github, OAuth2, JWT
- Administration: Postman, Jira, Confluence, SSH, Linux (CentOS), Commands
Call for details or send CV today
You must sign in to apply for this position.