VSS are currently partnering with a London based agency looking for a Fullstack Developer with strong Reactjs and experience with Node. Please see below for more details:
Be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components and business logic using React/Node.
- Feel comfortable working with and have detailed knowledge of the Google Firebase and GCP suite of tools/infrastructure.
- Coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality of product is important.
- Work with our talented cross-functional development team Responsibilities:
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Working with our product design to inform, feedback and coach them on what modern web frameworks allow
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use and optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Develop APIs and microservices in a serverless environment using Node/Express/Google Hosting/Cloud Storage/Cloud Functions
- Develop backend, database and business logic using Google Firestore, Real-time Database, Cloud Scheduler, PubSub,
- Coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers and ensuring all business, customer and system needs are considered
- You will be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive and will be relied on to generate clean code that is well documented and tested.
- Understanding and scoping where front/back end meets and is handed off to other technical layers About you:
- You’ll need to have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field OR equivalent experience (at least 4 years)
- You’ll have excellent troubleshooting skills
- You’ll be familiar with modern front-end build pipelines and tools, and are experienced with common front-end development tools
- You’ll be confident engaging with a range of stakeholders taking the initiative, and asserting yourself to champion great work and outcomes
- You’ll have excellent project management skills, focus and attention to detail and be able to take the initiative, deliver quality in a fastpaced work environment
- This is a great role for the right candidate and will particularly suit someone who enjoys the variety of working on multiple projects across different client sectors and disciplines
- Node experience is a must
- The position is a 50/50 split front end/back end
- Firebase ideal, otherwise GCP
- Team total size is 23 development team – 6
- 4 days per week onsite after the pandemic – maybe 3 (undecided at this stage)
- 1st interview – a chat with (HR), 2nd interview – with Technical Director, 3rd interview – with the wider team – likely to be 2 other directors
This company offers the following:
An award-winning digital innovation and interface agency with a strong track record developing daring, awardwinning work across technologies, platforms and devices. We are the UK’s leading digital agency for in-vehicle digital design, bigdata interfaces and leaders in mobile and connected services. Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation
We live and breathe the world of design and technology. You’ll be joining a highly creative, passionate and tech-savvy team with the
freedom to try new ideas and experiment with full support to be constantly learning and growing
• Competitive compensation package
• Personal development/training allowance
• Weekly Team Lunch on us
• Regular team socials
• Medical cashback plan
• Cycle to work scheme
• 25 days holiday + public holidays
You must sign in to apply for this position.