One of our global clients are looking for a Berlin/Germany-based DevOps Engineer to work from their offices in Berlin, 2 days per week and the rest of the time from home. They are preferable for someone that comes from a Development background to understand the full SDLC and processes etc. Please see below for more details on the position:
The DevOps team is made up of engineers working cross-functionally to provide all of our product automation and CI/CD pipeline.
You will be part of a talented team that sits at the center of multiple software engineering teams to provide standardized tools and streamlined processes.
We believe that giving our people a broad range of responsibilities results in the highest satisfaction for the engineers and a strong return on investment for the company. We want people who love the idea of working on tools and system testing in one week and fine-tuning Kubernetes internals the next.
The ideal candidate embraces continuously evolving architecture and wants to play a role in designing how things are done here.
You will be working with our team to help architect, build, and support a high volume / low latency platform that processes several terabytes of data each day
Responsibilities will include:
- Improve and implement our cloud infrastructure using TF, Kubernetes and define the cloud architecture.
- Design & implement & Enhance both new products & legacy with features, making sure they all fit nicely in our Continuous Delivery framework and processes
- Working a diverse language stack to Design, deploy and manage the entire product workflow from the local machine to the production environment
- Gitops – planning the CI/CD pipeline and allowing the developer to take full ownership on it, Creating tools to manage our CI/CD – Operators, Microservices & other management tools
- You will work alongside the development teams to provision, automate, and tune multiple environments across data center and cloud platforms.
- Gitlab CI/CD, Kafka, Python, Bash, Node.js, Java, GCP, AWS, Prometheus, helm, Terraform.
Who you are
- You have 3~ years experience as a Software Engineer & you have experience with the Kubernetes platform.
- Passionate about code smells, S.O.L.I.D and other best practices.
- Good communication skills, a great personality, and a love for working collaboratively.
- Experience with GCP/AWS or Azure or other public cloud.
- Ability to self implement large scale features.
- Experience in at least 2 different programming languages.
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- DevOps experience with a good planning understanding of continuous delivery and deployment patterns and tools (CI/CD)experience with CircleCI/gitLab preferred
- Ability to leverage application and system metrics, log events, and wire data to analyze performance.
- Mastery of one or more configuration management frameworks (ansible preferred).
What we offer
We offer excellent compensation and benefits, which include:
- A competitive wage
- A company car
- A bonus and equity plan
- A generous vacation schedule
- Flexible working hours and a remote working policy
- 10% of your time dedicated to your personal growth plan
- Compensation for public transportation and biking
- Group and hospitalization insurance