One of our big data analytics clients, wo have recently gone public are looking for a DevOps Engineer to strengthen the current team. They work in a fast-paced environment and have a lot of challenges to solve. If you like to work in a huge scale environment and want to help build products that have huge impact on the industry, and the web – then this could be for you! Candidates can be based from Belgium or Berlin but need to attend the company offices 2-3 days per week.
What you’ll do
We are looking for someone to join our Devops Infrastructure team.
The DevOps team is made up of engineers working cross-functionally to provide all of our product automations and CI/CD pipelines.
You will be part of a small talented team that sits at the center of multiple software engineering teams to provide standardized tools and streamlined infrastructure deployments.
We believe that giving our people a broad range of responsibilities results in the highest satisfaction for the engineers and a strong return on investment for the company. We want people who love the idea of working on tools and system testing in one week and fine tuning Kubernetes internals on the next.
The ideal candidate embraces continuously evolving architecture and wants to play a role in designing how things are done here.
You will be working with our team to help architect, build, and support a high volume / low latency platform that processes several terabytes of data each day. You will have the freedom to innovate and take your projects from test to production in a short time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, deploy and own streaming/data services such as Kafka, Kafka streams, Kafka connect, Schema registry, Aerospike, Spark
- Work on improving Kafka applications, Spark monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana
- Handle big data platforms deployed on both VMs and Kubernetes
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features, making sure they are all developed so they fit nicely in DV infrastructure
- You will work alongside the development teams to provision, automate, and tune multiple environments across datacenter and cloud platforms
Skills and experience required:
- At least 2+ years experience as a DevOps
- 4+ years experience in scripting (Python/GO/Bash).
- 1+ years experience with docker and container orchestration platforms, Kubernetes experience within a cloud environment is necessary
- Ability to leverage application and system metrics, log events, and wire data to analyze performance.
- Mastery of one or more configuration management frameworks (ansible preferred).
- Good communication skills, a great personality, and a love for working collaboratively.
- Experience working with GCP or other public cloud.
- Experience in Declarative programming.
Please call for details or setup a call with one of our Consultants to discuss the role in more depth.