One of our global clients with offices across Africa and Europe is looking for a Fully REMOTE DevOps Engineer. Please see below for more details:
Who we are, our brand, our ethos – We are the number 1 iGaming platform in Africa. We operate in 8 countries with over 20 million monthly site visits.
Aspects of our business – At the core of our business is our proprietary iGaming Platform; Risk Management; Marketing; Customer Relationship Management; and data analytics.
We offer mobile solutions, SMS, USSD, Android, and iOS applications, as well as desktop and retail. These enable us to deliver the fastest and most competitive gaming products for our customers.
Why we need you
We would love to allow you to apply your passion for automation in supporting world-class systems and tap into your logical and analytical thought process to understand what it takes to support high-performance platforms in a 24/7 environment.
Your skills in building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure will be refined as you support the software development teams with Infrastructure as Code templates and CI/CD automation. Your ‘daily’ will consist of collaborating with the software engineering teams to empower self-managed teams in automation scripting and templating; working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes; proactive platform monitoring and alerting, and working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
Your passion and knowledge will inspire the teams as they achieve their goals.
To be successful, you should constantly expand your industry knowledge and apply foresight to identify problems and opportunities.
What you’ll do (but not limited to)
· Providing hands-on guidance and support in scripting Everything as Code.
· Participate in Agile ceremonies with software engineering teams to support the build and delivery of world-class systems.
· Support best practices in observability, monitoring and alerts of all systems to preemptively and proactively ensure maximum uptime of services.
· Work with QA Engineers to build disposable environments for test automation.
· Develop scripts/monitoring to analyze and visualize important metrics about development processes.
· Providing hands-on support and guidance in maintaining environments across a complex landscape.
· Working with InfoSec to maintain Corporate Governance on Cloud service usage and Security measures.
· Providing hands-on support and coaching of CI/CD pipelines.
· Continually monitoring and providing recommendations for improvement of platforms and infrastructure.
· On call and ready to assist in troubleshooting issues.
· Continually finding opportunities for innovation, automation, and process improvement.
· Experience with Terraform
· Knowledge of 1-2 programming languages
· Solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code tools/scripting frameworks
· Deep understanding of highly available platforms
· Deep understanding of Cloud technologies
· Solid understanding of container services
· Understanding of programming languages
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
· Attention to details
· Awareness of Agile methodologies
· GCP certification preferred.
· Multi-cloud experience
· Understanding of test automation frameworks
· Understanding of design quality standards
· Understanding of security standards
· Creative thinker.
· Strategic thinking.
· Change advocator.
· Constant learner.
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
· Interpersonal skills and developing relationships with team members.
· Outstanding communication and presentation.
· Organizational and time management skills.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Attention to details.
· Active listening.
· Overall understanding of technologies used in the product.