This position is for one of our startup clients looking a Data Scientist with knowledge in Python & SQL for the following position:
Our company is a proprietary trading firm and alternative investment manager with a primary focus on quantitative and fundamental sports trading. With professionals based in Europe, Asia and USA, the group combines deep research and proprietary tech-driven methodologies to trade on all major public exchanges and markets to generate risk-adjusted returns.
Our trading philosophy is driven by our passion for competitive sports and quantitative research. By applying our predictive systems with our seasoned knowledge of the public sports markets, we seek to deliver sustainable, short and long-term value for our partners and investors with little to no correlation with the traditional financial markets. Our Company runs systematic strategies for the most frequently played sports in the world. Each fund executes a unique strategy on the respective sport by identifying inefficiencies in the markets and diversifying the usage of capital across a variety of wagering categories such as spreads, totals and more.
The successful quantitative data scientist candidate will join our London betting solutions team. These solutions entail the development of mathematical / statistical models and high-performance algorithms; efficient coding; automation of betting operations; data generation, acquisition, storage and manipulation; performance analysis through back-testing and simulations.
We use a variety of programming languages but are standardising on Python for our data analysis and scripting needs.
- Design, build, test and deliver IO, data processing and automation software.
- Work closely with our data scientist and researcher to understand their requirements.
- Develop using the most suitable language with a bias to Python.
- Design and implement suitable back-end storage with a bias to SQL RDBMS.
- Acquire data from multiple data sources, filtering, cleaning and wrapping.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques, and provide reports.
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work within the team to prioritise business and information needs.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Design, build, test and deliver data processing and automation software.
Skills / Competencies Required:
- 2+ years experience within sports betting industry
- Python 3+ years
- Experience in SQL / NoSQL
- Strong research experience in finding and executing high-mid frequency strategies
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex problems to the relevant stakeholders
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 30 days holidays (exclusive of bank holidays)
- Private health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance