My client based in Berlin are looking for the following to strengthen their current Big Data team:
With over 40 million unique users per month, we’re generating huge amounts of data and are looking to leverage this better to improve our service. The position is to build big data collection and processing systems from scratch, so you will have freedom to choose tools and implement things the way you see fit. In future, there is the potential to hire a team and turn this into a leading position.
You will be responsible for:
- Technology decisions regarding data collection, processing and usage throughout the application, both from the perspective of real-time user analysis and business intelligence.
- Creating and maintaining the interface between the main application (web/api) and our big data store
- Creating and maintaining a business intelligence data warehouse
What you will need:
- 3+ years data engineering experience
- Experience working with big data tools, e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Cassandra
- Experience with setting up data warehousing, including structure and ETL
- Highly passionate about engineering and the possibilities of using big data tools to improve businesses
- Creative problem solving abilities and an eye for detail
- Independent and rigorous working style
- You are a team player and love to think outside the box
- Good English communication skills
- Some machine learning experience a plus
This is the opportunity to work for a company that are laid back in culture but at the forefront of technology and generally enjoy what they do!
Call for details or apply today to be considered: Stefan@versatilestaffing.co.uk