One of our prestigious, clients based in Berlin are looking for a Data Engineer to work in their international team, please see below for more information on the position:
In general this is a position for candidate who has a few years of experience and wants to take his/her career on the fast track. You will get a lot of responsibilities and almost a greenfield project to integrate your own style.
The Data team currently consists of 3 Data Scientists/Actuaries directly and 7 more people in the Analytics team
Your tasks will be to:
- Maintain and further develop companies data architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets to run business intelligence
- Identify and implement process improvements like automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, reconciliation cycles, preparations for greater scalability
- Own the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Actuarial, Finance and Marketing teams to assist on data-related technical challenges and support their data needs
- Work with data and actuarial experts to strive for widened functionality throughout the company data systems
Required experience and skills:
- Strong understanding of end-to-end data processing: from data gathering to cleansing and aggregation, to data modelling and analytics and target-related, customized delivery
- Good knowledge of reporting and BI, ideally in the areas of Finance
- You are comfortable to handle complex SQL queries
- Good knowledge in creating ETL/ELT Pipelines
- Knowledge with DWH Architectures
- Experience of big data technologies – Python and cloud technologies like AWS
- Ability to implement data engineering best-practices (agile methodologies, unit testing and data validations, code reviews and knowledge sharing)
- Familiarity working with large SQL databases and the implementation and maintenance of ETL’s data processing pipelines
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English, German language welcomed
- A multi-disciplinary role with opportunity to manage your own path to success.
- Full responsibility for your role – from day one.
- Outstanding chances to develop your own ideas – and make them work.
- An excellent onboarding-program
- We support your professional development initiatives.
- A stack of the most modern technologies and working gadgets.
- A cosy office with modern amenities.
- An open-minded and passionate team spirit devoted to innovation.
Please call for details or send CV today for consideration !