One of our global clients are looking for REMOTE OR ONSITE C++ Developers for some fantastic projects that they have.
a fast-paced software company in Berlin, Germany, with a focus on developing graphics products that stand out from the crowd. than 1,000,000 users world-wide rely on our software for their daily business as it makes creating graphical presentations so much easier, faster and more enjoyable. Among our customers are many renowned consulting companies and large international corporations.
We do not have to make compromises with regard to code quality and beauty. We are willing to go the extra mile of developing sophisticated algorithms and refining our user interface, and we are proud of our many happy customers. The fact that the company is owned and managed by seasoned computer scientists certainly contributes to a working environment that makes exceptional developers come and stay.
Do you believe in beauty when it comes to programming? Do you have a vivid interest in elegant algorithms? Are you fluent in C++? If so, we would like to meet you. Here is what we offer in a nutshell:
- A wide array of extremely challenging C++ development tasks
- An international team of brilliant minds
- A working environment that makes this team stay and grow
- Enough time to make sure that every detail of your solution is perfect
- A flat organization and plenty of room for your ideas
- No scheduled meetings
- Family-friendly working hours, no deadlines, no overtime
- Support for relocation (if required)
- Everything we do is C++. Even our customer portal is written in C++. There is some Assembler glue code where it is necessary, and our build scripts are written in Python, but other than that we are all about C++.
- We closely track the latest versions of our compilers, Visual C++ and Xcode, so we can always use the latest C++ standard features as soon as they become available.
- We use Boost throughout our code, e.g. Boost spirit for parsing.
- We have our own range library, in the same spirit as Boost.Range or Eric Niebler’s range-v3, but going further, for example, by unifying internal and external iteration.
- We develop our own cross-platform library to support Mac and Windows with a single code base.
- We have our own reference-counting and persistence libraries to save and restore whole object trees.
- We have an extensive bug reporting infrastructure. Assertions and error checks stay in the release code, and our software automatically reports bugs to our server. The server analyzes the bug, categorizes it and files it in a database that all developers can access. If an update fixes the bug, the user can download the update directly from a bug response web page.
About this job
We are looking for smart, creative developers with a solid theoretical background. Our team of developers consists of those with 15+ years of commercial experience in various fields, to fresh graduates in Computer Science, Physics and Mathematics. A university degree or work experience with C++, together with a fresh and creative problem-solving approach would be an excellent combination for this role. As all of our recruitment steps are task-based, the selection is based on the skills demonstrated during our tests.
You will work largely independently and will be responsible for the whole range of activities when implementing a new feature. You should be able to look at a problem from the user’s perspective and discuss abstract concepts with fellow developers. We expect each of our developers to do architecture, design, implementation, customer feedback and bug fixing, rather than splitting these activities between several people. We thus put everyone in control of their own work.