We are seeking a Big Data expert to supplement our innovative and cutting-edge analytics team with the drive and know-how to bring our data platform to the next level. If you enjoy playing with billions of rows of data and thrive in a working environment that encourages new ideas and thinking outside the box then we want to hear from you!
• Design, implement and support data models and ETLs in Hadoop in order to process several terabytes of data each week.
• Migrate and improve existing SQL-based ETLs to Hadoop-based technology to achieve scale and performance.
• You consult the Business Intelligence team on internal data best practices and train them on Hive, Impala, Spark or Tez.
• Monitor processes and be first in line to deal with and solve data related problems or errors.
• Continually research the best practices used in the industry, i.e The right combination of setting for Hive and Impala (i.e. skewed join, skewed tables, etc)
• We only work with state of the art technology so we want you to challenge the status quo at client and continually investigate new data processing technologies.
• You have a degree in computer science or related field.
• You have at least 1 year of experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Impala, CDH and large databases.
• You’re passionate and up-to-date on trends of Big Data technologies.
• You speak English (company language) fluently.
• You work well independently, require little direction and exhibit a very high willingness to learn new things.
• You are skilled in approaching issues with creativity and innovation, and possess the ability to think beyond traditional frameworks.
What we offer:
• A full-time unlimited position within a dynamic and international team.
• A competitive salary.
• A free choice of computer, equipment and desktop.
• Personal development through participation of Big Data/Hadoop/Technology conferences.
• Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company.
• Flat hierarchies and short decision paths.
• Cross-functional opportunities in project and teamwork.
• Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day.
• Weekly presentations and workshops from internal and external speakers to broaden our general knowledge.
• The possibility to work from our office in Palma de Mallorca up to 4 weeks a year.
Please call me for more details firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 203 004 9596